Terms and Conditions
My Student Digs Limited Privacy Notice (last updated September 2021)
This Privacy Notice describes the personal information practices of My Student Digs Ltd with respect to information about our customers and visitors to our Web sites, including the types of personal information we collect, how we may use this information and with whom we may share it.
How You Can Contact Us
If you wish to contact us or have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our registered office 63 Regent Road, Leicester, LE1 6YF.
Information We Collect
We collect that information from you when you complete any of our forms whether online or in person or when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise in order to:
- Search for accommodation
- Show interest in our accommodation services
- Sign up to accommodation offered by us
- Contact us regarding your accommodation
- Comply with any agreed terms or requests
Personal Information Provided by You
When you contact us or provide any personal information through forms your Personal Information is collected by us. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, NI number, emergency contact details, proof of identification, nationality and residence;
- Information submitted by you to us including, but not limited to, answers to questions on surveys, or application forms;
- Financial information collected from you, including but not limited to proofs of income, payment card details, financial institutions and bank details; and
- Any other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us at any time.
Sensitive Personal Information Provided by You
Information provided by you relating to:
- Health-related information to adapt to and respond to services and accommodation requests.
- Special dietary requirements for events.
- Sensitive personal information about your well being/welfare.
- Sharing of sensitive personal information with the university welfare team when requested.
- Any sensitive personal information will be collected with your consent for the said purpose to the extent that you authorise us or if we are legally allowed or if it is in your vital interest.
Personal Information About Other Individuals
By giving us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other individual has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can do so. For example, you may need to provide us with contact details of a person such as a guarantor, co-tenant or an emergency contact.
Personal Information Provided by Third Parties
If necessary, we will receive information about you from other sources (such as universities, councils, debt collection agencies and online service providers), which we will add to the information we already hold about you.
Use and Processing of Personal Information
The information provided is used:
- To provide you with information that you have enquired about.
- To register, set-up, maintain and operate your tenancy with us.
- By our staff and contractors to respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments.
Personal Information Provided to Third Parties
Where necessary and/or legally required information may be provided to third parties as follows:
- To register your tenancy deposit with one of the approved tenancy deposit schemes. Only basic contact details (name, phone numbers, emails, addresses, tenancy details) or details as required by the scheme will be passed on.
- To the local authority to inform them of the occupiers of a property. Only basic contact details (name, phone numbers, emails, addresses, tenancy details) as required by the local authority will be passed on.
- For third party maintenance contractors to communicate with you about your requests. Only basic contact details (name, phone numbers, emails) will be passed on.
- If necessary to follow up on rent arrears. If this becomes necessary written notice will be given before any information is passed on.
- To comply with an order of the court.
You can elect not to receive marketing communications from My Student Digs by contacting us. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send communications to you concerning your tenancy.
Access to and Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
If at any time you would like to access, correct, or delete personal information we have collected from you, please refer to the contact section for the postal address or email address. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request.
My Student Digs is committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep personal information secure. We have in place technical, administrative, and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorised loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we take efforts to safeguard our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Where Is the Information Stored
To collect and retain data My Student Digs use Microsoft Office 365 and AgentOS which operate on Microsoft and Amazon Web Services servers in the UK and Ireland. We do not process any personal information in countries outside of the UK and Ireland.
Retention of Personal Information
The periods for which we keep your information will vary according to the purpose for which we use the information. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep your information we will not keep it for longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed. Generally information is held for as long as we have a legitimate interest in holding the information.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we change the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here and change the “Revised Date” listed at the top of this Statement. We encourage you to check here periodically for the most up-to-date version of our Statement.